Are mushrooms keto? A type of fungus and are grown all over the world. Mushrooms are also part of some delicious dishes such as pizza and pasta. You can use mushrooms as a topping and an ingredient.
However, in this article, we will answer this straightforward question: Are Mushrooms keto? We will also discuss ways you can have mushrooms on the keto diet.
Are Mushrooms Keto Friendly?
As we know, Keto is strict about the intake of carbs. A Keto dieter can only have thirty to fifty grams of carbs per day. Mushrooms were initially used to help children that had epilepsy. Mushrooms also have a low carb content.
A cup of raw mushrooms (96 grams) only consists of only three grams of carbs. Mushrooms are also rich in fiber, and while fiber is generally not part of the Keto diet, there are some low-carb keto-friendly grains and nuts that are fiber-rich.
As long as you’re not eating six cups of mushrooms a day, you are good to go. For mushrooms that are commercially available such as canned varieties, read the nutrition information before purchasing them. A can of Campbell’s Cream of mushroom soup contains eight grams of carbs.
How To Make Mushrooms A Part Of The Keto Diet?
Mushrooms are high in nutrition, and you can eat them cooked or raw.
- Vitamin B
There are many ways you can fit in mushrooms in the Keto diet, such as:
- Raw mushrooms (sliced) mixed into a salad (leafy green).
- Cooked with scrambled eggs.
- Sautéed with herbs, garlic, olive or coconut oil.
- Added to stir-fry with tofu, Zucchini, and low-carb vegetables.
- You can make a broth out of mushrooms as well by boiling them in water.
- Mushrooms stuffed with Keto-friendly cheddar, bacon, herbs, butter, and cream cheese.
- You can use diced mushrooms in veggie burgers made with celery, onion, seasonings, cheese, and cauliflower rice.
Are Mushrooms Keto? Keto Mushroom Recipes
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon
- Calories: 223
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Sodium: 164mg
- Carbohydrates: Four grams
- Protein: Five grams
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Vitamin A: 600IU
- Vitamin C: 2.2mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- Bacon (Sliced/Chopped): Four
- Butter: Three tbsp.
- Olive Oil: One tbsp.
- Garlic Cloves (minced): Four
- Button Mushrooms (Small): One Pound (Rinsed/Dry)
- Chili Powder: ½ tsp. or to taste
- Sweet Paprika: ½ tsp. or to taste
- Garlic Powder: ½ tsp.
- Pepper (Fresh/Grounded) and Salt: To taste
- Chicken Broth (Low Sodium): ¼ cup
- Heavy cream: ½ Cup
- Parsley (Fresh/Chopped): For Garnish
- Heat a skillet over heat (medium-high), and add the bacon (chopped) in it.
- Cook the bacon until it has a crispy texture.
- Once the bacon is done, please remove it from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add olive oil along with butter to the skillet.
- Once the butter is melted, lower the heat of the stove.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, and stir it for two minutes.
- Ensure that the garlic is not burnt.
- Add the seasoning: Pepper, Salt, Paprika, chili, and garlic powder.
- Cook the ingredients for five to seven more minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the skillet and cook for ten more minutes.
- Add the Heavy cream to the skillet, cook until the sauce thickens (Roughly three to four minutes).
- Next, remove the skillet from the heat and add parsley to the sauce.
Keto Mushroom Omelet
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 48.2 grams
- Protein: 29.7 grams
- Net Carbs: 6.9 grams
- Eggs (Large): Three
- Butter: Two tbsp.
- Cheddar Cheese (Shredded): One ounce
- Red Onions (Diced): ¼
- Cremini Mushroom (Diced): Eighty grams
- Pepper and Salt: To taste
- In the bowl, add the eggs, salt, and pepper (to taste).
- With a fork, whisk the eggs well.
- When the eggs have a slightly frothy appearance, stop whisking.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter, add the mushrooms and red pepper to the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan on top of the mushrooms.
- When the omelet is still raw in the center, add the shredded cheddar cheese on top of it.
- Carefully fold the omelet in half with the help of a spatula.
- When the omelet is golden brown at the bottom, please remove it from the pan and serve it.
Balsamic Spinach Salad With Mushrooms And Feta
- Calories: 261
- Total Fat: Seventeen grams
- Trans Fat: Zero grams
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.7 grams
- Sodium: 355mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 grams
- Sugar: Four grams
- Protein: Five grams
- Fiber: 2.8 grams
- Fresh Spinach leaves (Washed/Dried): Eight cups
- Mushrooms (Thinly Sliced): Eight ounces
- Green Onions (Thinly Sliced): ¼ cup
- Extra Virgin Olive oil: One tbsp. and ¼ cup
- Balsamic Vinegar: Two tbsp.
- Garlic Powder: ½ tsp.
- Spike Seasoning: ½ tsp.
- Feta Cheese (Crumbled): 1/3 cup
- Take a bowl, and put the washed spinach in it.
- Add garlic powder, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil to the bowl and whisk them well.
- Next, add the crumbled feta cheese.
- Slice the green onions and mushrooms.
- Heat one tbsp of olive oil in the pan.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for five minutes.
- Once the Mushroom is browned, add the onions to the pan and cook for one to minutes.
- Pour the mixture from the bowl into the frying pan and let it simmer.
- Once done, the salad is ready to be served.
Aare Mushrooms Keto? Keto Mushroom Pasta
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 31 grams
- Sodium: 147mg
- Potassium: 350mg
- Carbohydrates: Nine grams
- Fiber: Three grams
- Sugar: Two grams
- Protein: Nine grams
- Hearts of Palm pasta: Nine ounces
- Avocado Oil: Two tbsp.
- Large Garlic cloves (sliced/peeled/crushed): Two
- Mushrooms (Sliced): Four ounces
- Red Onions (Diced): Two ounces
- Dried Thyme leaves: ¼ tsp.
- Redd Pepper flakes: 1/8 tsp.
- White Wine vinegar: One tbsp.
- Whipping Cream (Heavy): ½ cup
- Gruyere Cheese (Finely shredded): Two ounces
- Parley (Fresh): One tsp.
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper (Freshly grounded) to taste
- Fresh Thyme (optional): For garnishing
- Place the palm pasta in a bowl, rinse it with cold water and let it drain. Set the pasta aside.
- Place a skillet (large) on medium heat, add the avocado oil and let it heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the sliced garlic.
- Cook the garlic until it is brown.
- Once done, transfer the garlic to a plate.
- Next, add red onions and mushrooms to the skillet and cook them over medium heat.
- Cook the vegetables until they are tender and brown.
- Add the crushed garlic clove, thyme, and red pepper flakes to the skillet and let them cook for a minute.
- Then, add the white wine vinegar to the skillet.
- Once the vinegar has a syrup-like texture, add the cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- Bring the mixture to simmer.
- Stir the mixture until it is thick and smooth.
- Add the noodles, and let the mixture simmer.
- Add parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Take the pasta out on a plate.
- Serve it with thyme leaves and garlic.
Keto Mushroom Soup
- Calorie: 171
- Fat: 13.9 grams
- Saturated Fat: 6.3 grams
- Sodium: 790mg
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Net Carbs: 6.6 grams
- Sugar: 2.8 grams
- Protein: 5.6 grams
- Fiber: Two grams
- Baby Bella mushrooms: 24 ounces
- White Button mushrooms: Sixteen ounces
- Large Onion (Chopped): One
- Garlic Cloves (Minced): Four
- Small Shallot (Sliced): One
- Olive Oil: Three tbsp.
- Butter (Unsalted): Two tbsp.
- Soy Sauce (Gluten-Free): Three tbsp.
- Cracked pepper: ¾ tsp.
- Dry Dill: One tsp.
- Fresh Thyme: One or two tsp. (Dry)
- Salt: Two tsp.
- Chicken Broth (Low Sodium): Six cups
- Chicken Bouillon powder: One tsp.
- Smoked Paprika: ½ tsp.
- Whipping Cream (Heavy): Two cup
- Parsley (Chopped): ½ cup (Garnish)
- Cooked Bacon (Chopped): Five slices (Garnish)
- Cook the bacon slices until they develop a crispy texture and set them aside.
- In a skillet pan (large), sauté onions, mushrooms, and shallot in butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Let the vegetables caramelize.
- Once done, divide the mixture in half and leave one half in the skillet.
- The other half of the mixture goes to a five-quart pan.
- Add chicken broth, pepper, minced garlic, soy sauce, pepper, Thyme, salt, chicken bouillon powder, and Smoked Paprika in the pan.
- Let the soup simmer for about fifteen minutes.
- Add whipping cream to the soup and stir it.
- Once done, puree the hot soup in a blender.
- Divide the soup into batches.
- Once all the soup is blended, add it back to the pan along with the caramelized mushrooms.
- Garish the soup, and serve it hot.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrates: Seven grams
- Net Carbs: Five grams
- Fat: 22 grams
- Protein: Ten grams
- Fiber: Two grams
- White Mushrooms: 100 grams
- Oyster Mushrooms: Fifty grams
- Butter: One tbsp.
- Garlic Clove: One
- Spring Rosemary: One
- Olive Oil: One tsp.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the seasonings and the mushrooms.
- Add rosemary, butter (half) to the pan and let it cook.
- Add the garlic to the pan and fry it.
- Once the garlic is brown, turn the stove off.
- Next, add the other half of the butter.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Serve the mushrooms on a plate.
Did we answer an important question in this article: Are Mushrooms Keto? We also discussed how beneficial mushrooms are and how they can fit in the Keto diet. Above, there are several recipes of Keto-friendly mushroom dishes, so read all the information and try making them at home.