Do you enjoy a sweet, chocolatey treat with a twist? Well, it looks like you’ve met your matcha!
We’ve teamed up with plant-based food blogger, Amy Lanza, to share her recipe for these gooey green chocolate machines! They’re based on the nutritional goodness found in our famous Rainforest Dew and they’re all vegan, of course! Well, don’t just take our word for how tasty these treats are, try them for yourself!
Read on to find out how to make your very own at home…
Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes plus cooling
1 tbsp ground chia or flaxseed
3 tbsp water
120g runny cashew or almond butter or tahini
90ml maple or agave syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
60g oat flour
60g plain, spelt or GF plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp matcha powder
A pinch of salt
50g dairy-free chocolate chips
Optional: extra melted chocolate, flaky salt
- Stir together the chia or flax seeds and water and leave for 5 minutes to form a gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the chia gel, cashew/almond butter (or tahini), maple/agave syrup and vanilla essence.
- Pour in the oat flour, plain flour, matcha powder and salt and mix to a dough. Fold in the chocolate chips. Allow the dough to chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a large tray with baking parchment.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces, roll into balls and flatten onto the tray slightly, leaving a gap around them. Bake for 10 minutes until firm around the edges.
- Allow to cool fully on a wire rack. If desired, drizzle with some melted chocolate and sprinkle with flaky salt to serve. Store in an airtight container for 5 days.