Keto thanksgiving is a holiday that is celebrated in many countries such as the United States, Grenada, Canada, St Lucia, and Liberia.
However, now that we know what thanksgiving is let’s discuss how you can make Keto thanksgiving possible. In this article, we will discuss different thanksgiving recipes that are allowed on the Keto diet.
Keto Friendly Thanksgiving
Traditional Thanksgiving recipes are usually rich in carbohydrates. Typical thanksgiving dinner includes mashed potatoes, gravies, pie, yam, cornbread, and sweet baked beans.
You probably know by now that you can’t have all those items on a Keto diet; otherwise, your ketosis will end.
Even a single serving of mashed potatoes or even an apple can end the process of ketosis. However, we don’t want to miss out on the feast, which is why below we have discussed some thanksgiving recipes that can be eaten on the Keto diet.
Keto Thanksgiving Recipes
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
This turkey breast is cooked in an instant pot and takes about an hour. The texture of this turkey is tender, it has a juicy flavor, and you will love to add it to your keto thanksgiving menu.
- Net Carbs: Five grams
- Fat: 22 grams
- Protein: 132 grams
To Make This Dish Follow These Steps:
- Prepare the instant pot.
- Ensure the turkey breast is dry.
- Mix all the herbs (sage, thyme, parsley, rosemary, onions, celery, carrot, butter, chicken broth, and sage) and rub them over the turkey breast.
- Place the breast piece in the instant pot.
- Next, pour the chicken broth into the pot along with vegetables.
- Put the lid on the pot.
- Cook the turkey for about an hour.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove the pot from the stove and place it in a bowl.
- Let the breast piece cool down.
- Once the turkey is cool enough, slice it into pieces.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Whole Roasted Beef Tenderloin
The Prosciutto-wrapped whole roasted beef tenderloin recipe is easy to make: dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo-free, nut-free, grain-free, and whole30 compliant.
- Net Carbs: Zero grams
- Fat: 32 grams
- Protein: 29 grams
- One raw beef tenderloin (trimmed/ four pounds)
- 1 tbsp. raw and crushed garlic
- One tbsp. olive oil
- One tbsp. Kosher salt
- One tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
- Four ounces of sliced prosciutto
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- The oven should be preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the beef tenderloin on a cutting board.
- In a bowl, add salt, pepper, olive oil, and parsley.
- Prepare the mixture in the bowl.
- Once the mixture is done, rub it over the beef.
- Then, gently wrap the prosciutto around the beef.
- Place the beef tenderloin on a roasting pan or cooking sheet.
- Roast the beef for about 25 minutes for rare, thirty minutes for medium-rare, and 35-40 minutes for well done.
- Once the beef is done, please remove it from the oven.
- Let the beef cool down.
- Once cooled, cut the beef tenderloin into pieces.
- You serve the dish hot or cold.
Baked Salmon With Asparagus
This is a light and healthy dish; it is gluten-free and can be prepared in less than fifteen minutes.
- Net carbs: Three grams
- Fat: Eighteen grams
- Protein: 36 grams
- Two fillets of salmon (wild-caught ones are the best)
- Eight ounces of asparagus
- One tbsp. of olive oil (infused with garlic)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Whole grain mustard (two tbsp.)
- Lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit a spread a parchment sheet over a baking tray.
- Put the salmon on the baking sheet.
- On the other end of the baking sheet, place the asparagus.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the asparagus.
- Season the asparagus with pepper and salt (to taste).
- Coat the salmon with mustard.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked thoroughly and the asparagus starts to caramelize.
- The texture of the cooked asparagus should be crisp.
- The cooking time should not be more than ten minutes.
- Once the dish is done, serve it with lemons.
Keto Thanksgiving: Roasted Cauliflower With Cheese
This is a Keto-friendly side dish but is just as filling as a main dish. This dish has low-carb ingredients and is also gluten-free.
- Net Carbs: 8.5 grams
- Fat: 23 grams
- Protein: 33 grams
- One medium head cauliflower (chopped)
- ½ cup asiago cheese or parmesan (grated)
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Five slices of bacon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Prepare a large pan (approx. ten inches in diameter).
- Ensure the pan is oven-safe.
- Place the slices of bacon on the tray in a line.
- Cook the bacon for five to ten minutes until it is crispy.
- Once done, transfer the bacon slices to a paper towel and drain all the oil.
- Next, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add cauliflower florets to a resealable bag.
- Put two tbsp of bacon grease in the bag along with the cauliflower.
- Thoroughly shake the bag until the cauliflower is coated with bacon grease.
- Then add paprika, pepper, and salt to the bag, and mix well.
- Take the cauliflower out of the bag and place it on the baking pan.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven for approximately half an hour.
- Once the cauliflower is done (it will have a brown color), top it with cheddar cheese and parmesan/asiago cheese.
- Return the baking pan to the oven and let it bake until the cauliflower is soft and the cheese has melted.
- Once done, take the pan out and garnish the dish with sliced scallions.
Keto Sausage Butternut Squash Frittata
This Is Another Quick Keto Recipe That Can Be Cooked In Less Than Twenty Minutes.
- Net carbs: Six grams
- Fat: 26 grams
- Protein: Sixteen grams
- One tbsp. Duck fat, bacon fat, or fat of your choice.
- Three ounces cooked sausage (crumbled or chopped)
- ¼ cup onions (diced)
- ½ cup butternut squash (roasted and cubed)
- Three large eggs
- Two tsp. Mixed fresh herbs or ½ tsp. dried
- Pepper and sea salt (to taste)
- Preheat a broiler.
- Beat salt, pepper, eggs, and herbs in a bowl.
- Add your preferred fat to a ten-inch skillet (ensure it is oven-safe).
- Sautéed the pepper and onions until soft.
- Add squash and sausages to the skillet, cook until the edges set.
- Put the pan in the oven, broil until the frittata is brown and puffed up.
- The entire cooking process should be three to five minutes.
Keto Thanksgiving Desserts
No Bake Chocolate Mousse Tart
Ingredients For The Crust:
- 1 ¼ cups of almond flour
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- Five tbsp. of butter (melted)
Ingredients For The Mousse Filling:
- ¾ cup of whipped cream
- ¾ cup of nut milk (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup of butter
- Three ounces of dark chocolate (unsweetened)
- Three tbsp. of cocoa powder
- Six tbsp. of swerve sweetener (powdered)
- ½ tsp. of espresso powder (optional)
Keto Thanksgiving– Toppings:
- One cup of whipped cream
- ¼ tsp. of vanilla extract
- Two tbsp. of swerve sweetener (powdered)
- ½ ounce of dark chocolate (sugar-free)
Instructions For The Crust:
- Grease a tart pan (nine-inch) that has a removable base.
- In a bowl, whisk these ingredients: almond flour, sweetener, and cocoa powder.
- Add melted butter to the bowl and gently stir the mixture.
- Pour the mixture on the tart pan, press it firmly and store it in the fridge.
Instructions For The Mousse:
- In a pan (small size), add the cream, nut milk, almond, and butter. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture has boiled, please remove it from the heat.
- In a blender, add the following ingredients: espresso powder (optional), sweetener and cocoa powder. Pour in the mixture from the pan in the blender as well and mix well.
- Once the mixture is has a smooth texture, stop the blender.
- Add eggs to the blender and mix the eggs well.
- Pour the mixture into the crust, chill in the fridge for sixty minutes.
- Once done, take the tart pan out of the fridge, and serve on a platter.
Instructions For Topping:
- Beat the cream with vanilla and the sweetener, and spread it over the chocolate mousse.
- With the help of a grater, shave the dark chocolate on top of the whipped cream.
- Place the topping in the fridge and let it settle down.
- Calories: 301
- Total Fat: 33.46 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7.95 grams
- Cholesterol: 122 mg
- Protein: 6.64 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 4.04 grams
- Food energy: 359kcal
- Net Carbohydrates: 3.91 grams
- Serves: Twelve people
Keto Thanksgiving Gravy Recipe
- Two tsp. fat
- Two cups of stock
- 3.8 tsp. Xanthan Gum (vegetable gum)
- First, you will need to heat the stock and fat at 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure you do not overfill the pot.
- Next, pour the stock into a blender and ensure there is a headspace of three inches.
- Blend the stock for thirty seconds after adding the vegetable gum.
- Once the blending is done, the gravy should have a thick texture
- The gravy is ready to serve
Thanksgiving is that time of the year when people are busy feasting. However, those that follow a Ketogenic diet need to be careful and eat those items that won’t kick them off ketosis. In this article, we have discussed several Keto-friendly recipes that you make on thanksgiving.
We have also discussed whether Keto thanksgiving is possible or not, and through our discussion, we have proved that it is possible. At the end of the article, we discussed a Keto-friendly gravy recipe that you dress your turkey with.