This No Bake Cannoli Cheesecake is an amazingly easy and elegant dessert recipe. All the creamy filling of a classic cannoli on top of a buttery, graham cracker crust. Easy enough to serve at a BBQ, impressive enough to serve to guests at the holidays!
Make sure to try my classic No Bake Cheesecake recipe too!
No Bake Cannoli Cheesecake Combines Two Of My Favorite Desserts!
Talk about the ULTIMATE mashup dessert recipe! Cheesecake is probably (totally) my favorite dessert. But take me to a bakery and I’ll most likely order a cannoli. So like, why not combine the two? This remarkably easy cheesecake is easy enough for beginners, but elegant enough to impress guests.
What To Expect With This Cannoli Cheesecake Recipe:
- All the flavor of a classic cannoli.
- An easy no bake recipe that has simple prep. My teenage sons make this recipe!
- A creamy cheesecake filling made with both cream cheese and ricotta cheese.
- It’s a make ahead dessert that is great for entertaining!
- Adaptable flavors that are easy to adjust.
- A crust that is delicious and easy, and can be made in a pie plate (as pictured) or in a springform pan.
- Graham Cracker Crust. I have included this as an “ingredient” as you can buy a pre-made crust if you would like, or make your own homemade using my recipe! In my recipe you can bake or “no bake” the crust. To make this a truly no bake cheesecake recipe, instead of baking the crust you can simply chill the crust. The results are very similar! Omit the cinnamon in your homemade graham cracker crust for this recipe as well. There is a little cinnamon in the filling and you don’t want to overdo to!
- Cream cheese. You can use reduced fat or Neufchatel cheese if you are looking to make this slightly lower in fat. Just make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature to prevent lumps!
- Ricotta cheese. Ricotta is the cheese used in cannoli and you really need it in this recipe to achieve the texture of a cannoli. If you omit it and use all cream cheese, it just won’t be the same! You don’t need to drain the ricotta for this recipe!
- Powdered Sugar. Using powdered sugar instead of granulated keeps the filling creamy and smooth, since this is a no bake recipe!
- Cinnamon. I like a pinch of cinnamon in this recipe! You could also add a tiny pinch of nutmeg too if you would like!
- Orange Zest. Our favorite cannolis include orange zest, but if you don’t love this addition, you can omit it!
- Vanilla extract. The classic cannoli flavor is what I was going for here, but you could also add a few drops of rum extract as well!
- Chocolate Chips. I like the minis in this recipe, but you can use full size if that is all you have on-hand…or a combo if the two which is fun!
- Chopped pistachios. This is an optional garnish, but it sure makes it look pretty!
- Whipped cream. Only if you want to!
- The crust is no bake! My recipe can be made either way…in the oven or in the fridge! Also, if you wan to get really authentic and can find cannoli shells, you can use cannoli shell crumbs instead of graham cracker crumbs for the crust. For ease of ingredients I like the graham cracker option, because it gives you the same effect and is much cheaper!
- I like the addition of orange zest in my filling, but you can omit this, if that flavor combo isn’t your favorite. Below you’ll find some fun variations you can play around with!
- Make sure you chill the pie for at least 4 hours…or even overnight before slicing!
- You can make this in either a pie plate or a springform pan…up to you!
There are a lot of versions of cannoli, and while I prefer a classic, here are some ways you can get creative with this cannoli cheesecake:
- Make it tropical: Use lime zest instead of orange zest, add in some sweetened flaked coconut and swap out the pistachios for macadamia nuts!
- Fall vibes: Use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and use Biscoff (Speculoos) cookies insetad of graham crackers.
- For the holidays: Add in a some crystallized ginger to the filling and garnish with pomegranate seeds!
More Cheesecake Recipes:
Love cheesecake? I have some really great cheesecake recipes here on Cookies and Cups! Make sure to check out my whole cheesecake category, but in the meantime here are a few of my favorites you should try:
- The BEST Cheesecake Recipe Ever! My classic cheesecake recipe is a fan favorite. I break it down and make it EASY for you. If you’ve never baked a cheesecake before, this is the recipe to try…and if you’re a seasoned cheesecake maker, I’d love for you to try my recipe and report back!
- Mini Cheesecakes. The PERFECT party dessert, and they’re SIMPLE!
- Instant Pot Cheesecake. If you haven’t tried making cheesecake in your pressure cooker, you NEED to! It’s fantastically easy and turns out so creamy and perfect!
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake. Want to get fancy? This recipe is out of control delicious!
- Potluck Cheesecake Dessert. Here’s another no bake cheesecake recipe that is the ULTIMATE throwback. People will be begging you for this recipe!
This easy No Bake Cannoli Cheesecake Pie is an easy and elegant dessert!
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust (for no bake crust, chill the crust for 1 hour instead of baking)
- 2 (8- ounces each) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional – 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cups chopped pistachios
- optional garnish – whipped cream
- Crust: Prepare the Graham Cracker Crust according to the recipe directions. Chill crust while preparing the filling. *See note
- Filling: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add in the cinnamon, vanilla, and orange zest and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Spread the filling into the chilled crust and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired before serving.
* You can also make this in a 9- inch springform pan if desired.
Store in the refrigerator airtight for up to 5 days.
Freeze airtight for up to 30 days for best freshness. Thaw in the refrigerator.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, no bake cheesecake, cannoli cheesecake, no bake recipe, no bake pie, pie recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: